You should initiate your claim as soon as you recognize you are no longer able to meet the demands of your job. In fact, it is very important that you file a claim for benefits before your employer chooses to terminate your job or let you go. This will avoid any question that you have active short-term disability coverage.
Still, there are a couple of things you should know before filing a claim for short-term disability benefits:
- You need to be under the care of a medical professional for the condition(s) you are disabled from.
- Your doctors need to be willing to support your disability and express such support to the insurance company.
Without active medical treatment and support from your doctor(s) it is likely that your claim will be denied. If possible, discuss a possible disability claim with your doctors and ask that they support you before initiating your claim.
Our experienced disability lawyers can assist you in preparing to file your claim for short-term disability benefits.
This law firm has been representing people in their fight for disability insurance benefits for over 15 years. From our experience, we understand what types of evidence you need for your claim, including:
- Coordinating specialized medical evaluations
- Gathering supportive evidence from your treating providers
- Refuting unfavorable medical reviews completed by the insurance company
- Gathering any additional sources of evidence to help describe your ailments
You do not want to fight insurance companies on your own. The assistance of an experienced disability attorney can turn the tide.
Attorneys That Specialize in Handling Your Disability Insurance Claims
This law firm was created with a single purpose in mind: to help people get disability benefits from insurance companies.
With that kind of focus, we have:
- Experience with every disability insurance company;
- A proven track record of success by winning major long term disability lawsuits;
- Recovered millions of dollars in disability benefits for clients like you;
Every day, our disability lawyers work to get insurance companies to approve long-term disability claims or appeal disability benefits denials.
With so much at stake, shouldn’t you have expert disability lawyers on your side?
Because federal law applies to most disability insurance claims, we do not have to be located in your state to help.
Call us at (800) 969-0488 or send us a message online to speak with an experienced disability attorney. Consultations are free.