If you suffer from Long Covid, you may experience debilitating symptoms for a long time. As a result, it is reasonable to consider whether the condition is eligible as a disability for the purposes of obtaining benefits. Read on to learn the answer.
Long Covid is a Chronic Condition
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), “Some people who have been infected with the virus that causes COVID-19 can experience long-term effects from their infection, known as post-COVID conditions (PCC) or long COVID.”
Post-Covid conditions are referred to by many different names, including:
- Long Covid
- Long-haul Covid
- Post-acute Covid-19
- Post-Acute Sequelae of SARS CoV-2 infection (PASC)
- Long-term effects of Covid
- Chronic Covid
It is important to keep in mind that Long Covid symptoms can include a significant number of ongoing health issues. Unfortunately, these ailments can go on for weeks, months, or even years.
Everyone experiences Long Covid differently, which means not all patients with the ailment will endure the same symptoms. Some of the symptoms that can be associated with Long Covid include:
- Fatigue that impedes your daily activities.
- Post-exertional malaise (when your symptoms worsen after physical or mental effort).
- Respiratory and heart:
- Shortness of breath or breathing difficulties.
- Chest pain.
- Heart palpitations (when your heart is fast-beating or pounding).
- Brain fog (concentration or thinking difficulties).
- Sleep problems.
- Pins-and-needles feelings.
- Change in smell or taste.
- Depression or anxiety.
- Stomach discomfort.
- Other symptoms:
- Joint or muscle pain.
- Changes in menstrual cycles.
If you suffer from difficulties related to Long Covid and are unable to work as a result, it is very possible that you will be able to qualify for LTD benefits. Long Covid can be difficult to prove but that does not mean you are not entitled to LTD benefits.
Our team here at Dabdoub Law Firm has successfully fought several cases on behalf of clients suffering from the debilitating impact of Long Covid. We utilize our proven strategy for demonstrating the severity of Long Covid and its impact on a person’s daily function. With our winning strategy, we have proven that this condition is severely disabling.
Help from an Attorney with Expertise in Disability Insurance
Disability insurance law is complicated. If your claim for long-term disability benefits was denied or is delayed by an insurance company, it is important to get help from a lawyer with expertise in disability law.
- Our lawyers specialize in disability insurance;
- Our lawyers have experience with UNUM, Hartford, CIGNA, Reliance Standard, and just about every other insurance company;
- Our lawyers have won tough disability insurance lawsuits;
- Our lawyers have recovered millions in disability benefits for clients who were wrongly denied.
Because federal law applies to most disability insurance claims, we do not have to be located in your state to help.
Dabdoub Law Firm represents clients nationwide with:
- Submitting a disability insurance claim;
- Appealing a long-term disability denial;
- Negotiating a lump-sum settlement; or
- Filing a lawsuit against your disability insurance company.
Call to speak with a disability insurance attorney. No fees are costs unless clients are paid.