Diagnosis by itself does not equate to disability. You have to prove how your diagnosis rises to the level of disability by showing how it impacts your functionality.
This is where our expertise comes in. As disability insurance attorneys, we work with you and your doctors, and independent providers when appropriate, to establish how your diagnosis limits your ability to function normally.
In proving how a diagnosis rises to the level of disability we must establish what restrictions and limitations are caused by that diagnosis and resulting symptoms. Then we have to show how those restrictions and limitations prevent a person from working.
For example, someone may be diagnosed with multiple sclerosis (“MS”) but that alone does not mean they are disabled. However, once the symptoms of MS begin to impact the person’s daily functioning and their ability to reliably and consistently work, then it can rise to the level of disability.
In that situation, we would have to prove how the symptoms of MS, which can include fatigue, muscle spasms, brain fog, and numbness, prevent them from working. We do this using:
- Medical records,
- letters and questionnaires from treating providers,
- symptom logs
- personal statements
- and when necessary outside testing such a neuropsychological evaluations and independent medical evaluations
If you have a diagnosis that prevents you from working and functionally normally, it may be time to file a claim for disability insurance benefits through your group or individual disability insurance policy. Contact the attorneys at Dabdoub Law Firm to discuss how we can help you with your disability insurance claim.
Help from a Lawyer with Expertise in Disability Insurance
Disability insurance law is complex. Hiring an experienced disability attorney is important. Because all disability lawyers at this law firm focus on disability insurance claims, we have expertise in disability insurance law.
That means we have:
- Experience with every major disability insurance company;
- A proven track record of success by winning major disability lawsuits;
- Recovered millions of dollars in disability benefits for clients;
And, we never charge fees or costs unless our clients get paid.
The firm can help at any stage of your disability insurance claim, including:
- Submitting a disability insurance claim;
- Appealing a long-term disability denial;
- Negotiating a lump-sum settlement; or
- Filing a lawsuit against your disability insurance company.
Because federal law applies to most disability insurance claims, our lawyers are able to represent clients across the country.