Disability Benefits for Medical Conditions
Nationwide Representation for Disability Benefits
If you have suffered a serious condition which has left you disabled and unable to return to work, you may qualify for disability benefits. This area of the law can be incredibly difficult to navigate, especially when you are going up against disability insurance companies.
These disability insurance companies are not focused on your best interest, but our legal team at Dabdoub Law Firm is committed to our clients. Our entire law firm is dedicated to fighting for disability insurance benefits for our clients.
What Conditions Qualify as a Disability?
With more than 20 years of experience in this area of the law, we have significant experience with a wide range of disability insurance cases. We have seen many different types of disabilities and we are familiar with what conditions disability insurance challenge the most.
You can rely on us to help you if you suffer from any of the following disabilities:
- Musculoskeletal system disabilities: Spinal disorders, carpal tunnel syndrome, amputation, disc disease, etc.
- Senses loss: Loss of speech, vision loss, loss of hearing (Otolaryngology), or Meniere's Disease.
- Respiratory system disabilities: Chronic mycobacterial infections, COPD, lung transplant, etc.
- Cardiovascular/cardiac disabilities: Heart transplant, heart failure, recurrent arrhythmia, etc.
- Hematological disabilities: Sickle cell disease, chronic anemia, liver transplantation, etc.
- Endocrine system disabilities: Obesity, adrenal gland disorders, pituitary gland disorders, etc.
- Neurological disabilities: Parkinson's, stroke, seizure disorder, Epilepsy, Cerebral Palsy, etc.
- Mental disorders: Autism, Bipolar Disorder, depression, Schizophrenia, PTSD, etc.
- Malignant neoplastic disease: Myelofibrosis, Lymphoma, Leukemia, cancer, etc.
- Immune system disorders: Multiple Sclerosis, Lupus, Immune Deficiency, Scleroderma, etc.
What Medical Conditions Qualify for Long-Term Disability?
Both physical and emotional/mental conditions can be covered under long-term disability insurance. Although certain criteria need to be met, here are some qualifying conditions that may be covered under your LTD policy.
Physical injuries are injuries such as:
- Broken bones
- Back problems, and like issues.
Disability benefits can cover those problems for a certain amount of time. These injuries often occur in dangerous occupations where there are dangers in the workplace.
Some policies cover emotional illnesses and mental disturbances such as anxiety, depression, post-traumatic stress disorder and other such conditions. Those conditions may very well qualify you for disability benefits under a work-based insurance plan and a government plan, as well. State disability benefit issuers may require that you get documentation that says that you will suffer from these issues for a period of longer than 12 months.
What are Common Qualifying Mental Conditions For Long-Term Disability Benefits?
There are many types of mental conditions that can be covered under long-term disability. The following conditions include but are not limited to:
- Mental retardation
- Personality disorders
- Bipolar disorders
- Alcohol/drug addiction disorders
- General anxiety disorder
- Traumatic Brain Injury
Check your policy to determine the time limitation on benefits for a mental health disability claim. Benefits for mental health ailments typically only last up to 24 months. To ensure your disability benefits aren’t wrongfully terminated or denied based on the 24-month health limitation period, contact a disability attorney as soon as possible.
Is a Disease a Disability?
There is also a whole group of problems that fall under disability called diseases. These diseases include conditions such as diabetes, cancer, HIV, muscular dystrophy and so on. There are requirements for each of these diseases to qualify for disability benefits.
Occupational Illnesses that Qualify for Disability Benefits
Then there are occupational illnesses like emphysema, lung cancer and other conditions that can come from long-term exposure to certain substances. The disability entity will have certain requirements in terms of illness severity and activity level. An experienced attorney can help you to process the paperwork in a way that positions you to obtain approval.
Obtaining approval can take several weeks, months or years depending on what type of benefits you are trying to obtain.
Hire Our Disability Insurance Law Firm for Your Medical Condition Today
With 20 years of experience, we have seen it all. We understand the way disability insurance companies deal with all types of disabling medical conditions and can put this knowledge to use for you. Our only priority is to provide you with personal representation and help you get the disability benefits you are entitled to. Let’s get started today!