Struggling to Get Disability Benefits for Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy?
Our RSD Disability Insurance Lawyers Can Help – Nationwide!
Imagine looking and feeling like you have a sprained wrist or ankle at all times or having an injury to your arm or leg that never heals all the way. This is what it’s like to have reflex sympathetic dystrophy (RSD). Also known as complex regional pain syndrome (CRPS) and causalgia, RSD is a chronic pain condition that leads to excessive and prolonged pain and inflammation after an injury to the arm or leg.
Fortunately, many cases of RSD or CRPS go away after months or years – when the damaged C-fiber nerve fibers heal or regrow. Severe or ongoing cases of the condition, however, can cause long-term disability.
If RSD or CRPS prevents you from working and you have disability insurance through your employer or a private plan, Dabdoub Law Firm can help you recover short-term or long-term disability benefits from your insurance company.
Our team has more than 20 years of experience working with top insurers across the country, and we don’t want to see you suffer through work with a debilitating medical condition.
Call us at (800) 969-0488 for help with insurance claims, appeals, and lawsuits and get the resources you need to recover.
What Are the Symptoms of Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy?
Pain is the most common symptom of RSD and can be intense even with minor stimuli (such as normal physical contact). The affected extremity may also be warm, red, and swollen. Other symptoms of RSD include:
- Deep, aching, or burning pain
- A “pins and needles” sensation
- Feeling like the affected limb is being squeezed
- Increased sensitivity to pain (allodynia)
- Blotchy, blue, purple, gray, pale, or red skin
- Changes in skin texture (skin becomes shiny and thin or thick and scaly)
- Patchy sweating (patches of profuse sweating or no sweating)
- Abnormal nail and hair growth
- Stiffness in affected joints
- Wasting away or excessive bone growth
- Impaired muscle strength and movement
Human nerve cells (neurons) are extremely important. Damaged neurons in your spinal cord can result in paralysis, and damaged C-fiber nerve fibers cause RSD. While symptoms can change or disappear over time, you may need time for your nerves to recover.
Additionally, there is no cure for CRPS, and some cases of RSD never quite go away.
Whether you need short-term or long-term disability benefits, our attorneys are here to help you get them.
Help from a Lawyer with Expertise in Disability Insurance
Dabdoub Law Firm was built to be a disability insurance law firm.
That focus means:
- All of our lawyers specialize in disability insurance claims.
- We have experience with every major disability insurance company.
- We have won important long-term disability lawsuits.
Our disability lawyers can help you with:
- Submitting a disability insurance claim,
- Appealing a long-term disability denial,
- Negotiating a lump-sum settlement, or
- Filing a lawsuit against your disability insurance company.
Call us at (800) 969-0488 or contact us online for a free consultation with an experienced disability attorney. Pay no fees or costs unless you get paid.