Pneumonia Disability Insurance Attorneys
Filing Long-Term Disability Claims for People Nationwide
Pneumonia is one of the most common respiratory diseases, but that does not make it any less severe or disabling. Characterized by a buildup of phlegm or pus in the lungs and air sacs, pneumonia can rob patients of breath even while they are lying down and remaining still. It can be life-threatening if a senior or someone with an immunodeficiency catches the illness. While pneumonia can be treated, it may last for weeks or months in vulnerable patients.
Dabdoub Law Firm is here to help pneumonia patients seek long-term disability insurance benefits from their insurance providers. Since pneumonia is a medical condition that can vary significantly in severity, some insurers jump at the chance to try to downplay a claimant’s symptoms and deny their claim. Using our 20+ years of legal experience, we can challenge any insurance company and fight for your fair coverage, be it through a claim approval, benefits reinstatement, or a lump-sum settlement.
Disabling Complications Caused by Pneumonia
When pneumonia is severe enough, it can completely disable the patient. In moderate cases, it can also be disabling, making any sort of work painful and difficult. The purpose of LTD benefits is to let someone rest and recuperate for an extended period of time when work would be impossible without severe pain or complications. Therefore, anyone with pneumonia should consider using their LTD benefits as needed to take care of themselves.
Some of the complications caused by pneumonia include:
- Shortness of breath: Breathing in deeply is difficult and painful for most pneumonia patients. However, even shallow breaths can become labored due to extensive infection of the air sacs in a patient’s lungs. There is a low likelihood of completing even sedentary work without breathing complications that could be severe enough to warrant urgent medical care when trying to recover from pneumonia.
- Bacteremia: If the bacterial infection triggering pneumonia of the lungs is severe and untreated, it can spread to the bloodstream, causing bacteremia. Any time a patient’s blood purity is tainted by bacteria or a virus, emergency medical attention may be required. Bacteremia can cause multiple organ failure, leading to death.
- Pleural effusion: The gap between the lungs and the chest cavity may become contaminated with fluid, pus, and mucus as pneumonia worsens. This buildup of fluid – called pleural effusion – is susceptible to contamination and infection. It should be removed or treated as soon as possible to avoid putting the patient at risk of significant health complications.
It is important to remember that pneumonia will likely worsen with time if rest and medical treatments are not provided. You could feel relatively fine now, but you will likely put your health in jeopardy if you continue to try to work while you have pneumonia. Please consider using the LTD benefits provided to you by filing a claim with Dabdoub Law Firm.
Attorneys That Specialize in Handling Your Disability Insurance Claims
As a law firm that specializes in helping people get disability benefits from insurance companies, Dabdoub Law Firm has a team of lawyers who are often called experts in disability insurance.
Why choose our law firm to handle your pneumonia disability case?
- Every lawyer focuses on disability insurance claims, appeals, and lawsuits.
- We have a proven track record of success – we have won major federal court disability lawsuits.
- We have recovered millions of dollars in disability benefits for clients across the country.
- Our disability lawyers have challenged every major insurance company and know their tactics.
With so much at stake, shouldn’t you have experienced disability lawyers on your side? Because federal law applies to most disability insurance claims, your disability lawyer does not have to be located in your state to help.
Call (800) 969-0488 to speak with a disability insurance lawyer.