Can a Disability Insurance Company Require Objective Medical Evidence?
Suffering from Pain? Fatigue? Weakness? Migraines?
Can your insurance company require objective medical evidence for these conditions? Generally, the answer is no. This is especially true if there is no explicit requirement for objective medical evidence in the disability policy.
Our law firm focuses on disability insurance claims. Our disability lawyers have represented numerous people across the nation pursuing long-term disability benefits. We have assisted many individuals suffering from the following medical conditions:
These are common medical conditions. Unfortunately, there may not be a lot of objective evidence to submit to an insurance company. Yet, courts have recognized that insurance companies cannot base a denial of benefits on a lack of objective evidence, unless the disability policy explicitly requires such evidence. If there is no such requirement, insurance companies must evaluate the validity of a person’s complaints and include any subjective evidence in such analysis.
While objective evidence may not be required, there are things you must do to get your disability insurance benefits:
- You must be under the regular care of a doctor;
- You must document your conditions and submit as much subjective evidence of disability as possible;
- Your doctor must identify specific restrictions and limitations that cause you to be unable to work.
Can the Dabdoub Law Firm Help?
Our experienced disability lawyers can review your policy to determine whether objective medical evidence is required. If not, we will assist you in gathering the necessary evidence to support your claim. Our legal expertise can help.
Our Lawyers Specialize in Disability Insurance Claims
Because our law firm has always focused only on disability insurance, our lawyers are experts in legal representation for disability insurance benefits.
That means our disability lawyers have:
- Won several major disability lawsuits that help make good disability law for claimants;
- Experience fighting every major insurance company, such as UNUM, Hartford, MetLife, CIGNA, Prudential, and more.
- Successfully represented hundreds of clients and won millions of dollars in disability benefits.
Because federal law applies to most disability insurance claims, we can help clients across the country.
Disability insurance companies have lawyers. You should too. Call Dabdoub Law Firm to get experienced disability lawyers on your side.
We can help with:
- Submitting a disability insurance claim;
- Appealing a long-term disability denial;
- Negotiating a lump-sum settlement; or
- Filing a lawsuit against your disability insurance company.
Call for a free consultation with a disability attorney. No fees or costs until you get paid.