My Disability Benefits Have Been Denied Even Though I Cannot Return to Work
The development of medical conditions has caused you to be unable to perform in your job. You loved your job and worked hard to achieve the level of success you enjoyed before your disability. You want nothing more than to get better and return to your career. But, you are forced to file a claim for disability benefits, which is denied by the insurance company. You are likely asking yourself:
How can the insurance company deny my claim for disability benefits when I clearly cannot work?
This is especially frustrating given that you paid premiums for disability coverage for years in order to have financial protection should you no longer be able to earn your income. Sadly, this is an all too common story for our clients.
Your Burden to Prove Disability
You have the burden to prove your disability.You know your condition and its impact the best. But, your subjective complaints are likely not enough to get benefits approved. Instead, the medical evidence must substantiate your subjective complaints. In other words, the medical records must include proof that you are restricted from working.
Critically important for your claim is the support of your treating doctors. To have a chance at receiving disability benefits, your doctor’s must conclude that you are incapable of returning to work.
To further support your claim, you may consider alternative forms of evidence proving disability, including:
- Medical Evaluations
- Independent Medical Examinations
- Functional Capacity Evaluations
- Neuropsychological Testing
- Letters From Those Most Familiar With Your Deterioration
- Vocational Reviews
- Independent Medical Record Reviews
Our Lawyers Specialize in Disability Insurance Claims
Because our law firm has always focused only on disability insurance, our lawyers are experts in legal representation for disability insurance benefits. We know what kind of evidence is needed to support your claim and can help you gather the necessary information.
That means our disability lawyers have:
- Won several major disability lawsuits that help make better law for disability claimants;
- Experience fighting every major insurance company, such as UNUM, Hartford, MetLife, CIGNA, Prudential, and more.
- Successfully represented hundreds of clients and won millions of dollars in disability benefits.
Because federal law applies to most disability insurance claims, we can help clients across the country. Disability insurance companies have lawyers. You should too. Call Dabdoub Law Firm to get experienced disability lawyers on your side.
We can help with:
- Submitting a disability insurance claim;
- Appealing a long-term disability denial;
- Managing an ongoing claim for disability benefits;
- Negotiating a lump-sum settlement; or
- Filing a lawsuit against your disability insurance company.
Call Dabdoub Law Firm today at (800) 969-0488 to speak with an attorney about your case.