In most cases, Dabdoub Law Firm steps in to help clients appeal denials from disability insurance companies or get their benefits reinstated after termination. In our most recent victory, however, we simply helped a client in Fayetteville, Georgia recover disability benefits from MetLife. By managing his claim from the beginning, we helped get our client’s benefits approved as quickly and efficiently as possible.
Details of Our Client’s Claim – Parkinson’s Disease and Medical Leave
Parkinson’s disease is a brain disorder that affects the nervous system, and it is a qualifying medical condition under most disability insurance policies. Our client began to experience the symptoms of Parkinson’s several years before his diagnosis. When he finally was diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease, he made the difficult decision to leave his job.
Every day, our client experiences tremors, memory loss, and cognitive decline. His symptoms get worse if he gets tired, and he cannot sit, stand, or walk for more than 2 hours in an 8-hour workday.
With these limitations, our client cannot work. Dabdoub Law Firm communicated this fact to MetLife and provided the insurance company with objective medical evidence of our client’s condition, including:
- A nuclear medicine brain SPECT with evidence of Parkinson’s disease
- A Physicians Questionnaire noting our client’s restrictions and limitations
- A Neuropsychology Evaluation
We also handled all relevant paperwork on our client’s behalf. With a meticulously crafted disability claim, MetLife had no choice but to honor its duties under the Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974 (ERISA), approve our client’s claim, and issue benefits.
Dabdoub Law Firm can help at all stages of the disability process.
Our Lawyers Specialize in Disability Insurance Claims
Because our law firm has always focused on disability insurance, our lawyers are experts in legal representation for disability insurance benefits.
That means our disability lawyers have:
- Won several major disability lawsuits and improved the law for disability claimants.
- Experience fighting every major insurance company, such as UNUM, Hartford, MetLife, CIGNA, Prudential, and more.
- Successfully represented hundreds of clients and won millions of dollars in disability benefits.
Federal law applies to most disability insurance claims, so we can help clients across the country.
Disability insurance companies have lawyers. You should, too. Call Dabdoub Law Firm to get experienced disability lawyers on your side.
We can help with:
- Submitting a disability insurance claim,
- Appealing a long-term disability denial,
- Negotiating a lump-sum settlement, or
- Filing a lawsuit against your disability insurance company.
Call us at (800) 969-0488 or contact us online for a free consultation with a disability attorney. You will not owe any legal fees or costs until you get paid.