If you are no longer able to work due to a disability, you are likely applying for disability benefits from your employer-provided disability insurance policy. You may also be applying for benefits through your state disability program as well as Social Security.
Short-term and long-term disability insurance policies almost always have a section called Other Income Benefits. Those other income benefits are benefits you are entitled to and/or receiving that reduce your STD or LTD disability benefits paid by your insurance company.
Other income benefits include:
- State disability benefits
- Social security disability income (“SSDI”) benefits
- Worker’s compensation benefits
Other income benefits are part of the policy and something that cannot be argued against. If you receive a benefit that is listed in the policy as another income benefit, then your STD or LTD benefit will be reduced for so long as you receive that benefit.
If you have a question about other income benefits or are concerned your insurance company is improperly reducing your STD or LTD benefits, call Dabdoub Law Firm today. Our experienced attorneys can walk you through how this works and whether you are being properly paid.
Help from a Lawyer with Expertise in Disability Insurance
This law firm was built to be a disability insurance law firm.
That focus means:
- All of our lawyers specialize in disability insurance claims;
- We have experience with every major disability insurance company;
- We have won important long term disability lawsuits.
Our disability lawyers can help you with:
- Submitting a disability insurance claim,
- Appealing a long-term disability denial,
- Negotiating a lump-sum settlement, or
- Filing a lawsuit against your disability insurance company.
Hiring an experienced disability attorney is important. Because federal law applies to most disability insurance claims, our lawyers do not have to be located in your state.