Will Coronavirus Affect My Lawsuit For Long Term Disability Benefits?
Concerns regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19) should not have a major impact on most lawsuits for long-term disability benefits. Our work on these lawsuits will continue as normal, and our team of experienced disability lawyers are working as quickly as possible to move our clients’ lawsuits forward.
Disability insurance lawsuits should continue moving forward as normal for these reasons:
- Most disability cases are governed by the Employee Retirement Income Security Act ERISA).
- Because ERISA is a federal statute, most disability cases are filed in federal courts.
- Federal courts currently remain open.
- Because all federal courts use electronic filing systems, the courts are able to remain up and running.
- Under ERISA, most cases are ultimately decided on written briefs submitted by your disability attorney to the court. In-person trials are generally not needed.
What about the mediation currently scheduled to take place on my case?
Most mediators are now set-up to conduct telephonic mediations or mediations through video conferencing. Mediations currently scheduled should take place as scheduled. We will continue to schedule mediations on our clients’ behalf.
You Are In Good Hands
We understand these are difficult and uncertain times. Rest assured the entire Dabdoub Law Firm team continues to work diligently on all lawsuits. We take our responsibility very seriously and work tirelessly to try and achieve the best result possible for all of our clients.
We can help with:
- Submitting a disability insurance claim;
- Appealing a long-term disability denial;
- Negotiating a lump-sum settlement; or
- Filing a lawsuit against your disability insurance company.
We represent clients nationwide with disability claims governed by federal law. Even if we are not located in your state, we can help you.
Call (800) 969-0488 to speak with an experienced disability attorney. Pay no fees or costs unless you get paid.