When our client applied for short-term disability (STD) benefits, Cigna kept sending her letters and requesting more and more information. Based in Los Angeles, California, our client’s case was simple and straightforward. She was suffering from a severe Lyme Disease flare-up and needed time off work to seek treatment and recover.
Fortunately, our client reached out to Dabdoub Law Firm to make the process easier.
Details of Our Client’s Lyme Disease Flare-Up
Our client took a step back from work when symptoms caused by her Lyme Disease became debilitating.
Her multi-system symptoms, restrictions, and limitations included:
- Pain in the hands and multiple joints
- Musculoskeletal pain
- Low energy
- Mental fog and cognitive impairment
- Difficulty breathing
- Inability to focus
- Restrictions on typing
- Inability to complete tasks
Our client and her primary physician are hopeful that she will recover and be able to return to work. Nevertheless, our client’s doctor warns she may have episodic flare-ups that will periodically prevent her from performing the functions of her job. Working during a flare-up will only exacerbate our client’s symptoms and make it harder for her to recover.
How Dabdoub Law Firm Fought for STD Benefits
Because Cigna was struggling to keep up with our client’s case, we provided all of her forms, medical records, and other pieces of evidence in one convenient document. With the strong evidence in favor of continued disability, Cigna had little choice but to approve our client’s STD benefits.
We hope this gives our client the time she needs to recover, and we are here for her in the event of any future flare-ups or challenges with Cigna.
Disability Insurance Companies Have Lawyers. Shouldn’t You?
Our expertise in long-term disability claims means our clients have the backing of a law firm with attorneys who:
- are experts in disability claims
- have fought all major disability insurance companies and know their tactics
- boast a track record of success
- have won major disability lawsuits that improved the law for claimants
- have recovered millions of dollars in disability benefits
Federal law applies to most disability insurance claims, so we do not have to be located in your state to help. We help clients nationwide.
Contact us to get experienced disability lawyers on your side while you:
- Submit a disability insurance claim,
- Appeal a long-term disability denial,
- Negotiate a lump-sum settlement, or
- File a lawsuit against your disability insurance company.
Call us at (800) 969-0488 for a free consultation with a disability attorney.