Interview By Disability Insurance Company
If you are receiving long-term disability benefits every month, you may have been contacted by your disability insurance company for an interview. You may be told that the reason for the interview is for the insurer to get updated information on this claim. Typically, the claims representative asks for this interview to be done in person and in your home.
You may ask yourself “why can’t this be done over the phone or through paperwork?” Well, there are four reasons our law firm sees why disability insurance companies want an in-person interview.
1. Surveillance: it is likely that the disability insurance company has already done surveillance. They like meeting with unrepresented individuals and interviewing them to see if a claimant says something that is inconsistent with the footage they obtained;
2. Termination: an interview is also a way an insurance company tries to collect information to use as a basis for a denial or termination of benefits;
3. Settlement: sometimes a disability insurance company is interested in offering a claimant a lump-sum settlement. Before doing so, however, they will want to evaluate the claim including conducting an interview to confirm there is no likelihood of improvement;
4. Observation: a disability insurance company will often want to observe your restrictions and limitations for themselves to see if you are overreporting your impairments. Oftentimes, these interviews last for hours on end.
It is not recommended for a disabled person to participate in an in-person interview, in their home, without legal representation. Our law firm’s expertise can explain your rights under the long term disability policy and help protect your disability claim.
Disability Insurance Companies Have Lawyers. Shouldn’t You?
Because this law firm was created to focus on disability insurance, we have developed an expertise in this complex area of the law.
Our expertise in long-term disability claims means our clients have the backing of a law firm that has:
1. Attorneys who are experts in disability claims;
2. Fought all major disability insurance companies and know their tactics;
3. A track record of success;
4. Won major disability lawsuits that created good law; and
5. Recovered millions of dollars in disability benefits.
Because federal law applies to most disability insurance claims, we do not have to be located in your state to help. We help clients nationwide.
Call to get experienced disability lawyers on your side with:
- Submitting a disability insurance claim;
- Appealing a short-term or long-term disability denial;
- Negotiating a lump-sum settlement; or
- Filing a lawsuit against your disability insurance company.
Call Dabdoub Law Firm today at (800) 969-0488 for a free consultation with a disability attorney.