Our client did not want to stop working as a routing specialist in Andover, New Hampshire. Unfortunately, the symptoms of her mental health conditions forced her to file for short-term disability benefits. Because she spent 2 to 3 months trying to continue work despite her disability before filing, The Hartford savagely denied her claim. As Attorney Geannina A. Burgos explains:
“The Hartford is punishing [our client] for struggling through her job and working until she could not do so any longer.”
Simply put, our client’s symptoms got worse, and that is why she stopped working. The Hartford’s argument that her symptoms existed 2 to 3 months before she stopped working is invalid, and the company’s denial is wrong and unreasonable.
The Hartford also said there was no objective medical evidence of our client’s complaints. This, too, is false. Our client has struggled with anxiety and depression for some time, but within the last 2 years, her condition has gotten worse. Even our client’s MRI show the effects of her illness – “small, scattered T2 hyperintense white matter lesions in the bilateral hemispheres.” These irregularities in our client’s brain have resulted in unintended weight loss, insomnia, difficulty concentrating, memory issues, and impaired attention.
Our client’s treating providers have also noted her mental health issues and chronic pain, which prevent her from working in even a sedentary occupation.
The Hartford’s reasons for denying our client’s claim are incorrect, and no one should be punished for doing the best they can while battling anxiety and depression, nor for knowing when they need time to prioritize their mental health.
Dabdoub Law Firm is proud to have helped our client recover the short-term disability benefits she needed to commit fully to her physical and psychological well-being.
Disability Insurance Companies Have Lawyers. Shouldn’t You?
If you are facing a long-term disability claim denial, you should consult an experienced disability lawyer. Our lawyers specialize in disability claims with insurance companies.
- Dabdoub Law Firm has expertise in disability insurance claims.
- Our firm was built to fight for people who were wrongly denied long-term disability benefits.
- We have fought every major disability insurance company and recovered millions of dollars in disability benefits for our clients.
- We have a proven track record of success and have used major disability lawsuits to create new laws and improve existing ones for disability claimants.
All our lawyers commit every day to helping people get disability benefits from insurance companies. Call to get help with:
- Submitting a disability insurance claim,
- Appealing a long-term disability denial,
- Negotiating a lump-sum settlement, or
- Filing a lawsuit against your disability insurance company.
Contact us at (800) 969-0488 or online a free consultation with a disability attorney.