Our client in Minneapolis, Minnesota had a cut-and-dried claim for long-term disability benefits. His medical conditions – cognitive impairment, Lewy body dementia, and vascular brain disease – forced him to stop working, and he was covered under an LTD policy with MetLife.
After one conversation with our client’s employer, however, MetLife denied his claim. Dabdoub Law Firm stepped in to help.
Our Client Did Not Retire
Although our client was forced out of his occupation later in life, he did not choose to retire. When he made the difficult decision to stop working due to cognitive deficiencies, he was still covered by his LTD policy.
Our client has objective medical evidence of his disability, including CT scan evidence suggestive of brain disease. Instead of reviewing the records our client sent over, however, MetLife had one conversation with our client’s employer and mistakenly assumed he was simply retiring.
Dabdoub Law Firm Asks MetLife for a Good Faith Review
Because MetLife chose not to review our client’s file before denying his claim, our firm did not file an official appeal. Rather, we sent MetLife a letter asking the insurance company to take a good faith look at our client’s claim.
Unsurprisingly, MetLife took one look at the evidence and approved our client’s claim. Now, he will have the LTD benefits he depends on until his eventual retirement.
Disability Insurance Companies Have Lawyers. Shouldn’t You?
If you are facing a long-term disability claim denial, consult an experienced disability lawyer at Dabdoub Law Firm. Our lawyers specialize in disability claims with insurance companies.
- We have expertise in disability insurance claims.
- We fight for people who were wrongly denied long-term disability benefits.
- We have fought every major disability insurance company and recovered millions of dollars in disability benefits for our clients
- We have a proven track record of success and have won major disability lawsuits that improved the law for disability claimants.
All our lawyers commit every day to helping people get disability benefits from insurance companies. Get in touch to get help with:
- Submitting a disability insurance claim,
- Appealing a long-term disability denial,
- Negotiating a lump-sum settlement, or
- Filing a lawsuit against your disability insurance company.
Call us at (800) 969-0488 or contact us online for a free consultation with a disability attorney.