PLS stands for primary lateral sclerosis and is a rare neuromuscular disease that causes progressive weakness and stiffness of the muscles. While our client did his best to maintain employment with worsening neurological symptoms, his PLS diagnosis forced him to retire.
To account for the costs of treatment and everyday living, our client filed for long-term disability benefits. Rather than deal with Lincoln on his own, he asked Dabdoub Law Firm for help.
We were able to compile his medical records, explain his situation, and receive a prompt and favorable response on our client’s behalf.
Details of the Miami, FL Case
Our client previously worked as a Director of Programs in Miami, FL. He had been suffering symptoms for many years and was diagnosed with PLS in May 2018. Before his diagnosis, he worked diligently with his employers and sought accommodation. Ultimately, though, he was unable to continue working due to the following symptoms:
- Pathological fatigue
- Spasticity in the extremities
- Difficulty walking
- Numbness and burning of the feet
- Difficulty swallowing and breathing
- Hyperreflexia with clonus at the ankle
The man’s doctors, neurologists, and physical therapists found he could not comfortably work due to the above conditions. One doctor even said our client seemed to get fatigued while talking alone.
How Dabdoub Law Firm Helped
Our firm compiled our client’s medical records, all relevant forms, and a physician statement. We also explained his situation and quoted his physical therapist.
Fortunately, Lincoln commenced his benefits on July 29, 2020.
Our Lawyers Specialize in Disability Insurance Claims
Because Dabdoub Law Firm has always focused on disability insurance alone, our lawyers are experts in legal representation for disability insurance benefits.
That means our disability lawyers have:
- Won several major disability lawsuits that helped improve the law for disability claimants.
- Experience fighting every major insurance company, including UNUM, Hartford, MetLife, CIGNA, Prudential, and more.
- Successfully represented hundreds of clients and won millions of dollars in disability benefits.
Because federal law applies to most disability insurance claims, we can also help clients across the country.
Disability insurance companies have lawyers. You should, too. Contact Dabdoub Law Firm to get experienced disability lawyers on your side.
We can help with:
- Submitting a disability insurance claim,
- Appealing a long-term disability denial,
- Negotiating a lump-sum settlement, or
- Filing a lawsuit against your disability insurance company.
Call us at (800) 969-0488 for a free consultation with a disability attorney. We will not charge you any fees or legal costs until you get paid.