Support from your treating physicians is very important in your claim for disability benefits. Without the support of your doctors, it will be difficult to receive disability payments.
Even though your doctors may have submitted medical records, letters, or statements supporting your disability and inability to work, the insurance company may still hire their own doctor to review the medical records and give their opinion as to whether you are disabled. These reviewing physicians may reach out to your doctors to discuss your claim. This generally happens after the submission of a claim or appeal for benefits. You should inform your doctors that the insurance company may reach out to them directly. Ask your doctor’s office to notify you if such contact is made.
The insurance company’s doctor will likely disagree with your doctor’s medical conclusions. Thus, your doctor should speak with the insurance company’s physician if he or she strongly supports your claim for disability benefits and is willing to go to bat for you during that conversation.
Our Lawyers Specialize in Disability Insurance Claims
Because our law firm has always focused only on disability insurance, our lawyers are experts in legal representation for disability insurance benefits. That means our disability lawyers have:
- Won several major disability lawsuits that help make better law for disability claimants;
- Experience fighting every major insurance company, such as UNUM, Hartford, MetLife, CIGNA, Prudential, and more.
- Successfully represented hundreds of clients and won millions of dollars in disability benefits.
Because federal law applies to most disability insurance claims, we can help clients across the country. Disability insurance companies have lawyers. You should too. Call Dabdoub Law Firm to get experienced disability lawyers on your side.
We can help with:
- Submitting a disability insurance claim;
- Appealing a long-term disability denial;
- Managing an ongoing claim for disability benefits;
- Negotiating a lump-sum settlement; or
- Filing a lawsuit against your disability insurance company.
Call for a free consultation with a disability attorney. No fees or costs until you get paid.