Dabdoub Law Firm Secures LTD Benefits for Miami Installation Supervisor Suffering from Focal Motor Seizures and Cavernous Malformations
A client from Miami had his long-term disability (LTD) benefits terminated by Lincoln National Life Insurance Company (Lincoln). He reached out to Dabdoub Law Firm for help. Our firm fought tirelessly to protect his rights and secure the disability benefits he deserved. We are thrilled to share our recent victory in Miami, FL. Read on to discover how we achieved this significant outcome.
Attorney Burgos Appeals to Lincoln on Our Miami Client’s Behalf
Our Miami client used to work as an Installation Supervisor for Convergint Technologies, LLC before his disability. Unfortunately, he had to stop working due to severe symptoms caused by several medical conditions, including focal motor seizures and cavernous malformations. To address these issues, he underwent a craniotomy, which resulted in decreased sensation and weakness in his right hand, as well as a reduced ability to perform fine motor coordination tasks for extended periods. Consequently, he was unable to continue working in his previous occupation, which involved light or medium physical demand, or even in a sedentary job.
Lincoln’s Termination of Benefits Was “Wrong & Unreasonable”
Our Miami client has experienced a series of medical problems that have resulted in his inability to return to the workforce, including but not limited to the following:
- The sudden onset of right-hand involuntary spasm and pain resulted in our client undergoing emergency surgical intervention to remove an abnormally formed blood vessel by way of a craniotomy.
- After our client was released from the hospital, he was referred to physical therapy for unbalanced gain and right upper extremity weakness.
- Our client has a past medical history significant for GERD, high blood pressure, generalized anxiety disorder (“GAD”), and agoraphobia with panic disorder.
- An abnormal electro-encephalogram (“EEG”) revealed irregular, intermittent rhythm activity and resulted in our client receiving a focal motor seizure diagnosis.
- Our client was hospitalized due to a COVID-19 infection, after losing two brothers in 2020 due to the same contagion.
- Our client experiences nerve pain in the right arm and hand, including poor grip and dexterity difficulty due to chronic numbness.
- Our client suffers from headaches and occasional dizziness.
Our client frequently experiences numbness, poor dexterity, dizziness, gait imbalance, word-finding difficulties, and anxiety. All the treating physicians who have personally examined and clinically evaluated him have reached the consensus that he is unable to resume work.
It was unreasonable for Lincoln to disregard the conclusions of our client's medical professionals, including doctors, therapists, and nurse practitioners. All of them were in agreement about our client's total disability.
After our client in Miami had his long-term disability (LTD) benefits terminated, Attorney Geannina A. Burgos from Dabdoub Law Firm worked diligently to gather extensive evidence supporting his ongoing disability. She also addressed the concerns raised by Lincoln. After conducting a thorough review of the substantial evidence related to our client's disability, Lincoln approved his claim for long-term disability benefits.
Help from a Lawyer with Expertise in Disability Insurance
Dabdoub Law Firm was built to be a disability insurance law firm. That focus means:
- All our lawyers specialize in disability insurance claims.
- We have experience with every major disability insurance company.
- We have won important long-term disability lawsuits.
Our disability lawyers can help you with:
- Submitting a disability insurance claim;
- Appealing a long-term disability denial;
- Negotiating a lump-sum settlement; and/or
- Filing a lawsuit against your disability insurance company.
Hiring an experienced disability attorney is important. Because federal law applies to most disability insurance claims, our lawyers do not have to be located in your state.
Call (800) 969-0488 to request your free consultation with an experienced disability attorney. Pay no fees or costs unless you get paid.