Dabdoub Law Firm Secures STD Benefits for NJ Client with Anxiety
After Sedgwick wrongfully denied her the short-term disability (STD) benefits she deserves, a New Jersey woman struggling with severe anxiety turned to our disability insurance attorneys for assistance. Keep reading to learn more about this recent success story in Newark, NJ.
Dabdoub Attorney Successfully Appeals to Sedgwick on Behalf of Newark Client
In August 2023, Dabdoub Law Firm successfully appealed on behalf of our NJ client, instating the STD benefits she deserved from the start. Seasoned Dabdoub lawyer Geannina A. Burgos wasted no time providing Sedgwick with a wealth of medical evidence to support her client's disability, including multiple paper-based reviews from numerous physicians.
“Dr. Carness notes that despite modifying her medications, no medication treatments have yet made a significant impact on [my client’s] gastrointestinal syndrome and she continues to be hospitalized frequently,” Attorney Burgos informed the insurer in her appeal. “It is [her] hope that Sedgwick will objectively look at the medical evidence before it and come to the only reasonable conclusion—that she is totally disabled and that benefits be paid retroactively.”
Fortunately, Attorney Burgos enlightened Sedgwick to the error of their ways, equipping our Newark client with the disability benefits she needs to live a full quality of life.
Help from an Attorney with Expertise in Disability Insurance
Disability insurance law is complicated. If your claim for long-term disability benefits was denied or being delayed by an insurance company, it is important to get help from a lawyer with expertise in disability law.
- Our lawyers specialize in disability insurance.
- Our lawyers have experience with UNUM, Hartford, CIGNA, Reliance Standard, and just about every other insurance company.
- Our lawyers have won tough disability insurance lawsuits.
- Our lawyers have recovered millions in disability benefits for clients who were wrongly denied.
Because federal law applies to most disability insurance claims, we do not have to be located in your state to help. Dabdoub Law Firm represents clients nationwide with:
- Submitting a disability insurance claim;
- Appealing a long-term disability denial;
- Negotiating a lump-sum settlement; and/or
- Filing a lawsuit against your disability insurance company.
Call (800) 969-0488 or contact us online to speak with a disability insurance attorney. No fees or costs unless clients are paid.