If you’re like most people, the thought of ever becoming disabled from working has never entered your mind. However, the reality is that nearly 400,000 Americans become totally disabled each year, and over 8 million adults have a disability that prevents them from working. Fortunately, a good number of these individuals have a disability insurance policy that provides a percentage of their income when a health condition prevents them from working. The bad news though is that insurance companies routinely deny valid disability claims day. That is where our expertise comes in.
Most Long-Term Disability (“LTD”) claims are governed by a federal law called ERISA. If you have an LTD insurance policy through your employer, it is most likely governed by ERISA. When an insurance company denies your ERISA claim for disability benefits, you are now required to appeal that decision to the same company. However, under ERISA, your appeal may be the last time you can introduce evidence of your disability.
If your appeal is denied, you then have the right to file a lawsuit against the insurance company. But it’s unlikely that you will be able to introduce new evidence of disability once your lawsuit is filed. This means you must provide the insurance company with as much medical and non-medical support as possible during the appeal process.
Dabdoub Law Firm’s Formula for Success
Our disability insurance lawyers specialize in ERISA and disability insurance and can help you put together a strong appeal. We will utilize our knowledge and nearly two decades of experience to give you the best chance of success. This includes gathering supportive evidence for your case, including but not limited to:
- Objective Medical Evaluations
- Disability Verification Letters from doctors
- Supportive forms from doctors
- Supportive statements from family and friends
- Updated medical records
- Medical record reviews from third party doctors
- Photographs and videos demonstrating your disability
By utilizing the firm’s formula for success, our experienced disability lawyers have achieved countless appeal approvals from every major insurance company. Our work during the appeals process has also resulted in favorable court rulings for our clients.
Help from a Lawyer with Expertise in Disability Insurance
This law firm was built to be a disability insurance law firm.
That focus means:
- All of our lawyers specialize in disability insurance claims;
- We have experience with every major disability insurance company;
- We have won important long term disability lawsuits.
Our disability lawyers can help you with:
- Submitting a disability insurance claim;
- Appealing a long-term disability denial;
- Negotiating a lump-sum settlement; and/or
- Filing a lawsuit against your disability insurance company.
Hiring an experienced disability attorney is important. Because federal law applies to most disability insurance claims, our lawyers do not have to be located in your state.
Call (800) 969-0488 for a free consultation with an experienced disability attorney. Pay no fees or costs unless you get paid.