Our firm has seen an increase in cases where Hartford is conducting in-person interviews and surveillance on established LTD claims. This is not a new trend.
We have seen this pattern before from other disability insurance carriers. A person is on claim for LTD benefits, benefits are being paid, and annual reviews are being done. Out of nowhere, the insurance company requests an in-person interview. This is a red flag for what is going on behind the scenes.
If the insurer is going down the road of an in-person interview, then it is likely also doing other things like:
- conducting surveillance
- running online and social media searches of you
- monitoring your activity
- running background checks
Insurance companies use these tactics to look for a “gotcha” moment. A surveillance shot, an online post, some activity that disproves, in the eyes of the insurer, that you are disabled.
If you have an LTD claim with Hartford and have received a call or letter stating they want to do an in-person interview, call Dabdoub Law Firm. You can speak to one of our experienced attorneys about what to expect and how to handle the request. We have handled this situation with Hartford and with other insurance carriers and have successfully recovered benefits
Our Lawyers Specialize in Disability Insurance Claims
Because our law firm has always focused only on disability insurance, our lawyers are experts in legal representation for disability insurance benefits.
That means our disability lawyers have:
- Won several major disability lawsuits that help make better laws for disability claimants;
- Experience fighting every major insurance company, such as UNUM, Hartford, MetLife, CIGNA, Prudential, and more.
- Successfully represented hundreds of clients and won millions of dollars in disability benefits.
Because federal law applies to most disability insurance claims, we can help clients across the country.
Disability insurance companies have lawyers. You should too. Call Dabdoub Law Firm to get experienced disability lawyers on your side.
We can help with:
- Submitting a disability insurance claim;
- Appealing a long-term disability denial;
- negotiating a lump-sum settlement; or
- Filing a lawsuit against your disability insurance company.
Call for a free consultation with a disability attorney. No fees or costs until you get paid.